Re: Not much activity .....

On Wednesday 27 Jul 2011 13:55:07 Barry Drake wrote:
> Hi there .....  I'm just wondering if anything is happening with Ubuntu
> Advertising?  There seems to have been no activity at all recently.
> Personally, I think with a minimum of support from Canonical, we could
> move things along a great deal.  Can anyone suggest how we might push
> that angle?
>
> There was a lot of good enthusiastic work on the group initially.  I
> guess we all lost enthusiasm when nothing actually happened.  My view:
> no budget, no active support from Canonical work together to make our
> efforts begin to seem a bit futile.
>
> Your thoughts?
>
> Kind regards,		Barry.

Hi,
Perhaps we just need to start planning a video advert, appealing to the people
who have signed up to start gathering ideas. This could be done as a wiki
pages, with sections for video, animation, music etc. It would also be good if
emails were sent out inviting people to join in on the irc chat for discussion
and planning. Maybe if we have a good plan by which to start advertising we
will be able to encourage more people to participate.

Thanks,
Joshua