ubuntu-allstars team mailing list archive

Re: UDS - O Setlist

On Apr 02, 2011, at 10:47 AM, Hugh Blemings wrote:

>Wondering if it's worth a wiki page so we can flesh out setlist - presumaby
>something like
>
>https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UDS-M/Allstars-Planning ?
>
>If this sounds worthwhile I'll get a page going appropriately renamed, natch.

Please do!  I'll actually be there Friday night this time, and would love to
participate.

>Jono, Barry, copied you guys separately as I don't think you're on the u-
>allstars ML ?

I am now. :)

>I'd like to throw Don't Stop Belevin' into the ring for openers, I remember
>there were a couple of other tunes that went pretty well in Dallas, but not
>what they were :(
>
>Thoughts chaps ?

The main thing that we really need to allow for is full participation for
anybody who wants to play.  In past years, we've had folks standing by the
side lines who I know want to play, either in rehearsals or in the big jam, or
both.  I really want to make sure that anybody who shows up with an interest
can find a way to play as little or as much as they want (the latter tempered
of course by the need to keep folks rotating through).

I personally think "sounding good" to come in as a secondary goal of "having
fun" and part of that is getting everybody involved.  If we're prepared with
a big screen and some PDFs I think we can pull off the "sounding good" part,
so let's concentrate on the "having fun" part, for everybody who shows up.

Cheers,
-Barry