ubuntu-allstars team mailing list archive

Re: UDS - O Setlist

On 2011-04-04 16:23, Barry Warsaw wrote:
The main thing that we really need to allow for is full participation for
anybody who wants to play.  In past years, we've had folks standing by the
side lines who I know want to play, either in rehearsals or in the big jam, or
both.  I really want to make sure that anybody who shows up with an interest
can find a way to play as little or as much as they want (the latter tempered
of course by the need to keep folks rotating through).

If that is our goal, I think we need to split: more than one rehearsal room, every band can only play x songs, and so on.

A little more structure, a little less ad-hoc: rehearsal times on the schedule, a formal playlist on the party night, etc.

More rehearsal rooms could also help in getting different kinds of music (i e not just american rock classics ;-) ) on the jam.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic