ubuntu-allstars team mailing list archive

Re: Songs

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 11:15:49AM +0200, Tony Espy wrote:
> Here's the list of songs we practiced last night (Wed), along with a
> rough accounting of who played what on each.  Apologies to all for
> mangled spellings of names, and the fact that my notes used a mix of
> first names and IRC nicks, and my first goal was to list all the
> singers, so not all players may have been recorded.  ;)

Thanks!  I've transferred all of this to the HTML doc in the Ubuntu One
share, and added links to the words and music where we already had them.

There are lots of gaps, and it would be great if folks could help out adding
words and music.  Just drop files into the songs/ directory and add
hyperlinks in the HTML.  There are some source materials in the share (an
old copy of the online guitar archive [OLGA], a copy of the old UWP lyrics
archive, and a songbook that some friends and I made).

It's important to have *complete* words and music for anything we're going
to play on Friday.

> Two other points... this list should be considered the starting
> point for a final set list, which we need to finalize ( along with
> who's playing on what ) tonight.

+1

I've put everything into the document so that we can get an overview and
make changes, but it's just a starting point.  Please feel free to make
changes.

If some of the songs are not quite polished enough yet, we can move them to
the backup list, work on them more next time, etc.

> One last comment, I'm planning on having a short (<= 30min) acoustic
> practice during lunch.  The original plan for this was for myself
> and Surbi to practice "Angel From Montgomery".  We might be able to
> squeeze in one or two other songs for which I'm playing guitar.  If
> you're interested, we'll meet in Arany (05) to play.

If it's OK with you, I'll grab some food and come join you.

--
 - mdz