ubuntu-allstars team mailing list archive

Re: Songs

On 05/13/2011 10:00 AM, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
I've updated uds-oneiric.html with Tony's notes from last night's practice
session.  Where Tony had put down a new person's name for a particular
song/role, I updated it.  If Tony left something blank, where I had a name
in uds-oneiric.html, I left it alone.

There are 18 songs on the list.  I've attached a copy here.

Matt --

If nobody objects, I'd like to take a stab at an ordering of the set list...

The list currently has 18 songs, and an average of ~5min per including personnel changes, puts us at exactly 90min. I'm thinking that's a bit optimistic, so we might want to consider dropping one or two of these from the list.

A couple of other updates.

"Knocking on Heaven's Door" -- Clint told me that Mannela didn't feel comfortable with singing it, so let's pull it, and leave as an alternate unless there are any objections.

"High & Dry" -- Brent on guitar instead of Bill.

"With or Without You" -- I think was just Seif on vocals, without Leigh.

"Your Song" -- hasn't been rehearsed all week, so it's a candidate to be dropped.

"Don't Stop Believing" -- Seif is not singing on this. David B sang last night, but said he wasn't comfortable with it. Not sure where this leaves it... I know Hugh really wants to do this, so we should discuss after the wrapup.

"Closer to Fine" -- am I really doing this one solo??? Also not rehearsed all week.

"Hallelujah" -- slight re-order on verses.. Amber/Jfo (1), Tony (2), MDZ(3), Seif (4), All (5). I *think* that's the way we did it. Let's review after wrapup.

Anything other changes folks would like to make/note???

Regards,
/t