Re: Click Package Version and Other SCA Fields

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Martin Albisetti <
martin.albisetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 4:25 AM, Michael Nelson
> <michael.nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > As it is, I don't think it could support click-packages straight away,
> but
> > it should be minimal work for a 1.1 api which supports click packages
> (or is
> > click only etc.). The main questions that come to mind are: (1) are
> package
> > names for click packages unique or will we need to base the api on the
> > fully-qualified "com.example:mypackage" or similar qualifier, and (2)
> will
> > we care about ubuntu releases for this data (currently you grab the
> reviews
> > for a specific ubuntu release etc.), or just the package version.
>
> 1) They will be unique, yes. Most likely FQD
> 2) We care about app versions, rather than releases
>
> What do you think would need to be done to support reviewing of click
> packages?

We can leave the existing (1.0) api untouched and add a 1.1 api which is
for click pkgs (ie. the FQD package names, and stats per version rather
than release). That shouldn't be too much work (3-4 days?). Without looking
at the details, I think the existing models could be used as is (although
we may benefit from simpler models for the click review data).

-Michael