Re: Click Package Index Status

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 01:34:43PM -0300, Martin Albisetti wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 12:57 PM, James Tait <james.tait@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 05/06/13 16:36, Martin Albisetti wrote:
> >> So, I realised that we may want to also have "SDK version", which
> >> is really what the client can use to figure out what's installable
> >> or not.
> >
> > Separate from click_framework?  I probably don't really know enough
> > about the specifics of the client, but I'd imagine they'd be aware of
> > what frameworks they support.
>
> I think it's different. Think. Maybe Colin or Stuart can comment on it.
> I would guess that the click package framework itself would have
> different versioning than the SDK. I have been conflating them as the
> same, but maybe they're not.

No, Click-Framework is there principally to encapsulate the SDK
versioning.  If it doesn't cover that then we have a problem. :-)

You may be thinking of Click-Version, which is intended to describe the
version of the Click package specification that the package was built
for.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx]