Shipping click packages on the touch image

Hello everybody,

[ Sorry, previous mail got sent off incomplete. ]

in various discussions the idea to have at least a click package or two
installed on the Touch images to exercise the code a bit more and give
it exposure. It would also form a nice milestone of this cross-team
initiative.

The following work items and questions came up during the discussion:

 - security team: define permissions structure (high-level
   permissions, format of json snippet)
 - When is apparmor targeting for click? June?
 - A hook will be necessary to generate the apparmor profile.
 - Will we have a hook which will expose this to one user or more?
 - We will need the manifest to be defined and documentated?
 - Will there be an aptdaemon extension for click?
 - UI for updates/installation/removal
 - MIME type: click package installation (for manual desktop
   installation)
 - image generation: click packages not pulled in through seeds, but
   manually
 - How will the distribution model work for architecture-dependent
   code?

I realise that this is a lot of questions, and this might not be the
best form to get the discussion started, but I felt the need to bring
this up.

If you have any input on any of the above items and if it's possible or
when it's possible, it'd be much appreciated.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/G+

Follow ups