Re: Getting a click package on the touch image

On 06/12/2013 10:54 AM, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> following some discussions we had in a call earlier, it'd be good to
> have a discussion about how we could easily get an example click package
> (like for the calculator or sudoku) on the Ubuntu Touch image.
>
> As there's no infrastructure building these packages right now, this
> might involve some hackery at first.
>
> Maybe it'd make sense to figure out how this could work initially and
> then in a later incarnation of the project?
>
> Thanks a lot for any insights in advance.

For the apparmor bits, we need:
 * the manifest file defined for non-security parts (for APP_ID). I
   think this was done by Foundations
 * the manifest file for security parts. An initial set of accesses is
   being define now by Steve Beattie
 * a click hook to generate an apparmor profile (feed manifest to
   aa-easyprof and put the profile in /etc/apparmor.d/$APP_ID
 * a click hook to load /etc/apparmor.d/$APP_ID into the kernel
 * to launch the app under apparmor. We can't use path based attachment
   because the executable is qmlscene for all SDK apps, so ultimately
   we will use an upstart application job, but in the short term, we
   can adjust the .desktop file to use:
   Exec=aa-exec -p <APP_ID> qmlscene <path to .qml>

(the two click hooks could be one hook)