Re: Offline application search

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Roberto Alsina
<roberto.alsina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This also gives a solution to the question of getting the version numbers of
> installed apps: we just query this DB

So, IIRC, in order to know what apps you have installed, you're going
to basically search the directory tree.
That being the case, why don't you, on download, also dump the json
for all that app's data and put it in a file in the app's directory?

If you have 200 apps installed on a slow SD, it might get slow,
although I'm not sure if it'll be much slower due to this addition.
I'd benchmark a bit, but overall it should be easy to change the way
this is structured a bit later on, right?   :)

--
Martin