Re: Summary of my understandings

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 12:01:08PM -0500, Ted Gould wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-07-11 at 16:31 +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 09:40:30AM -0500, Ted Gould wrote:
> > > A click package will have a version number defined, and will be
> > > installed in a separate directory based on the version number.  This
> > > directory will be /opt/click.ubuntu.com/$(package)/$(version)/
> >
> > You must not rely on this directory.  It may change, particularly to
> > support things like non-removable preinstalled apps in the system
> > partition, or other cases of OEM apps.
>
> Will there be a way to look up the directory for a particular package
> then?  How should I find where it is installed?

Depends what you need to do.  The right thing will normally be to look
up the directory on a per-user basis, so for a given user you can ask
"where is my installation of <package>?".  Would a command printing that
meet your needs?

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx]