Re: Summary of my understandings

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Colin Watson <cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 02:02:30PM -0300, Alejandro J. Cura wrote:
>> The "available for download click-packages" scope I'm working on is
>> the one that talks to the repo webservices and knows the compressed
>> size of the package.
>>
>> Perhaps we should also make the "installed" size available on the
>> webservices, so we can prevent download when there's not enough space
>> for (temporary compressed package + uncompressed files).
>
> Yes, I think it is a mistake that this isn't in the Solr schema.  James?

So, what we have is the click package size, not the installed size,
which would be once it's unpacked.
The only way to have the value would be to either have it generated
when creating the click package itself and stuffed into the manifest,
and/or getting it from a future scan-on-upload.
Both those solutions are out of scope for our first phase, since we're
not inspecting the file at all.

Could we start off by assuming guesstimate of (and I'm just making
this up) click size + 30%?

--
Martin