Re: Adding "applications" to manifest file

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 03:31:10PM -0500, Ted Gould wrote:
> I'm going to suggest that we add an entry to the root item called
> "applications" that contains and associative array.  The index to that
> array is the name of the application and the value is an object of
> properties describing it.  Only one of which I'm suggesting today,
> "type" with an only valid value of "desktop".

Since desktop files are going to need to be associated with hooks
anyway, and attaching to hooks requires entries in the manifest, please
hold off on defining anything like this until we've got the hooks
actually working in practice.  It may turn out to be redundant.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx]