Re: Searchable applications as a boolean in the manifest

On Tue, 2013-07-23 at 12:47 +0200, Christian Dywan wrote:

> I'm working on in app search, which works roughly like this:
>  The app is defined to support searching (in the manifest)
>  As you type in the Unity Dash you'll see icons of apps that can be searched
>  Searchable apps don't need to be running to invoke search
>  The UI toolkit provides a search component - when search is invoked the
> app renders search results. The header of the app features a search text
> field much like the Dash design and behavior wise.

So, to be clear, it won't show results from those applications, just
applications that support the search action?  I'm a bit confused how
when I type "photos from greece" in the search having the telephony app
show up is useful even if it supported searching contacts internally.

Ted