Click apps on Desktop before full convergence

Hello everybody,

in some conversations I noted that we probably never ruled out click
packages as an option for the desktop before having achieved full
convergence.

I got the feeling that it might make sense to think about this and maybe
make the conscious decision to not support this. There are a few reasons
which might make this attractive:

 - security issues regarding X mitigation
 - work supporting click packages in a unity 7 scope
 - <more?>

What's your take on this? Does anyone have click-packages-on-the-Desktop
as a strict requirement? Does anyone feel strongly about supporting this
(apart from a testing standpoint for app developers)?

Thanks a lot in advance for your input.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/G+

Follow ups