Re: Summary: Planning going live

On 15/08/13 22:42, Rick Spencer wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Dave Morley <davmor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

>>> Only "reject" if there's no way the app will be acceptable.
>>> If there's something wrong that just needs to be fixed, use
>>> "ask for information". I had my app marked at "rejected"
>>> yesterday and it took some effort to get it back to a state
>>> where the reviewer could check the new package upload and
>>> approve it.
>>>
>>> Michael Hall mhall119@xxxxxxxxxx
>>>

>> I shall use a app x as an example.
>>
>> App x is submitted it is a game that runs locally, in permissions
>> it needs internet.  Ask for more info why are you requesting
>> internet access your app run locally.  Dev replies sorry I copied
>> the permissions from another app, I've removed that now and
>> resubmits. perfect :)
>>
> I disagree with this approach. I think you should simply reject
> applications with the reason why. In this case "description does
> not seem to require internet, but internet access is requested"
> (or whatever). The developer can respond by fixing the description
> or fixing the permissions and resumbitting. Entering some kind of
> conversation with them seems like it will drag out app reviews
> endlessly. I think there should be accept or reject, and no "ask
> for information".
>
> Cheers, Rick

Rick I like your attitude however it isn't that easy unfortunately:

1. These are community guys they are likely to copy policy code from
somewhere to ensure they have it laid out right, this may include
internet that they just happened to not remove.

2. It maybe that they send scores to a website with the user
permission but we didn't know about it.  We may need to make
application upload rules clearer to cover this.

3. Ask for more information is only returning an app to you once and
is then rejected if the dev has offered no explanation or amended
policy/code.

4. If you reject an app and the dev/reviewer has genuinely made a
mistake there is no way to get it back from the rejected status.
Rejected is an end state.  There is only one person who can pull an
app from rejected, he is busy guy already making him busier will not help.

I think one chance to get your application right is fair, it is not
excessive and a secondary review will take a lot less time than the
initial review.

- --
You make it, I'll break it!

I love my job :)