Re: Summary: Planning going live

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Dave Morley <davmor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 15/08/13 18:57, Michael Hall wrote:
>> On 08/13/2013 12:49 PM, Daniel Holbach wrote:
>>> later steps: - add review comment - "reject" or "approve" or "ask
>>> for information"
>>>

>> Only "reject" if there's no way the app will be acceptable.  If
>> there's something wrong that just needs to be fixed, use "ask for
>> information". I had my app marked at "rejected" yesterday and it
>> took some effort to get it back to a state where the reviewer could
>> check the new package upload and approve it.
>>
>> Michael Hall mhall119@xxxxxxxxxx
>>

> I shall use a app x as an example.
>
> App x is submitted it is a game that runs locally, in permissions it
> needs internet.  Ask for more info why are you requesting internet
> access your app run locally.  Dev replies sorry I copied the
> permissions from another app, I've removed that now and resubmits.
> perfect :)

I disagree with this approach. I think you should simply reject
applications with the reason why. In this case "description does not
seem to require internet, but internet access is requested" (or
whatever). The developer can respond by fixing the description or
fixing the permissions and resumbitting. Entering some kind of
conversation with them seems like it will drag out app reviews
endlessly. I think there should be accept or reject, and no "ask for
information".

Cheers, Rick