Continuous integration plans

Hello everybody,

a few of us had a follow-up discussion after UDS to find out where and
what we can test in terms of the whole click/softwarestore experience.

== Integration tests ==
We agreed that testing the entire experience end-to-end (or in too big
blocks) is not an option as there are too many variables, too many
projects, too many bits which are hard to test in a confined environment
and having the test fail (because of whatever) is not really useful.

We identified the relevant steps in our experience and I went ahead and
added them to the bottom of this wiki page:

 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AppStore/Decisions/ContinuousIntegration

I marked the steps in bold which seemed to me to be good candidates for
testing. The cells on the right of the table indicate which steps we
might to group together as part of tests. Please feel free to update the
wiki as you see fit.

If we agree that the ones currently marked in the wiki we can start
having conversations across teams and figure out work items, file bugs
and see which prerequisites we might need to get going.

== General testing ==
If you could also add the projects you're working on to the top of the
wiki page and indicate if tests are used or not and when they are run,
that'd be helpful. We'd like to run unit tests automatically as well.

Feedback?

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/G+