Re: Shipping plugins as click packages

On 09/18/2013 11:37 AM, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> in a recent conversation Loïc brought up that there might be a desire
> to ship plugins as click packages.
>
> To clarify
>  - this would be plugins or addons which are not part of the
>    default install
>  - they probably wouldn't use confinement
>  - they probably wouldn't need to be listed in the store, but
>    maybe in a special category, so they could be installed on
>    demand or automatically(?)
>
> Do we need anything to make this happen or should this work already?
>
> Have a great day,
>  Daniel

One good example would be additional media codecs. There is certainly
work required for that to function.
These tend to be system level additions so an apparmor hook would need
to have been provided in the base image. Then we need some special
criteria for allowing these packages into the store.

Be good to identify the top candidates for this and think it through
further.

Pat