Re: Webapps submissions

On 09/18/2013 10:00 AM, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> we had a few webapps submissions coming in through the software store already.
> In a recent discussion the question came up if there is any additional planning
> or specification still missing. Like do we need a template for the SDK for
> webapps or anything else?

The "ubuntu-webapp" template is already available for use. The following
specification has been discussed between the webapps and security teams and is
approved:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Specifications/WebAppsConfinement

We have some webapps-specific checks in the review tools already, but more will
come. People should feel free to review them and let them through if they look
ok. Be sure to look carefully at name spaces and that the target URL in the
desktop file Exec line makes sense for what the app is claiming to do. More
checks will come to help with this.