Re: Webapps submissions

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 11:05 AM, John Pugh <john.pugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> While webapps submissions are great, the problem we have at the moment is
> that they are being allowed in with blatant trademark violations and the
> majority of these submissions are from inside Canonical.

Well, we're in beta phase, trying to figure out how things will work,
both internally and externally. The store is in beta phase and the
phone hasn't shipped, so there aren't any real users.
We've been flexible because we want to test out the system, and
ultimately, it will all be automatic review, with an easy way for
trademark owners to request take-downs.

We absolutely respect other people's trademarks, and the current
process is not a reflection of how things will work in that regard, we
are weeding out technical issues and slowly ramping up to commercial
ones.

--
Martin