Re: Translations and apps in a click

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Sergio Schvezov
<sergio.schvezov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Was just talking to Ted over IRC and thought it would be good to send an
> email.
>
> The question is, how do we find mo files layed out within click pkgdir?
>
> Is there an env var that we can use as a default location and set that up in
> upstart-app-launch?
>
> Do we add an entry to the click manifest to customize this location?

I don't know the details around this on the client, or whether it's
been defined. Maybe David knows?

> Is the store going to support translations?

Yes, it will support adding translations in the web ui to all the
fields entered, although it will have to be manually entered rather
than imported. Most of this work is done on the server, we need to
give it the final push.

> Was this overlooked?

It was discussed a few times, but we probably never got to the details.
This is the discussion around metadata translations:
https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-appstore-developers/msg00117.html

--
Martin