Re: Executing fat packages

On Fri, 2013-11-22 at 09:05 -0600, Jamie Strandboge wrote:

> On 11/21/2013 08:40 PM, Ted Gould wrote:
> > On Thu, 2013-11-21 at 17:11 -0600, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
> >> On 11/21/2013 04:52 PM, Ted Gould wrote:
> >> More importantly, I'm thinking this is probably not enough when considering
> >> compiled programs. Right now, for arch-dependent non-fat packages, .desktop
> >> files use '/usr/bin/qmlscene -I<relative_dir> someapp.qml. Eg:
> >>
> >> Exec=aa-exec-click -p com.ubuntu.developer.user.app_app_0.1 -- /usr/bin/qmlscene -I backend/modules app.qml
> >> Path=/opt/click.ubuntu.com/.click/users/username/com.ubuntu.developer.user.app
> >>
> >> Where will C++ extensions like this end up in fat packages? Should we be
> >> adjusting LD_LIBRARY_PATH in addition to PATH?
> >
> > Adding an entry to LD_LIBRARY_PATH makes sense to me.  Would we just add
> > lib/$(triplet) or is there a different path we should be adding?
> >
> Actually, while we should probably set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to something, I'm
> quessing that isn't going to help qmlscene find relative paths via -I.
> QML2_IMPORT_PATH was suggested in:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14196070/how-to-use-a-qt-quick-2-extension-plugin-on-qml-with-qmlscene-or-qmlviewer5
>
> Probably need to get some input from the SDK guys on what to set.

Talked with the Unity8 guys about this at the sprint we had last week
and they confirmed the variable we wanted was the QML2_IMPORT_PATH.
Interestingly it is read backwards, so to get a path searched first it
needs to be appended.  I've updated my branch accordingly.

I'm considering this resolved unless someone objects :-)

Ted