Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Multiple frameworks for apps

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Colin Watson <cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 02:23:16PM +0100, Alexander Sack wrote:
>> How about adding such safety belts to our click packaging tools as well?
>>
>> e.g. bail out or present big warnings if someone tries to package up
>> an app with disagreeing versions?
>
> Happy to do so once somebody tells me what rules we want to apply. :-)

I think a "conservative" rule to start off with might be:

 1. requiring ubuntu-sdk-libs-YY.MM is valid
 2. requiring exactly ONE ubuntu-sdk-libs-YY.MM-SUBFRAMEWORK is valid
 3. everything else is not valid.

We can later be more liberal and allow more funky combinations once we
see a real need for it.

Sounds good?