Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Switching Click framework to 14.04 Dev

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 1:58 AM, Alejandro J. Cura
<alejandro.cura@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 7:17 PM, Michael Hall <mhall119@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 2) [beuno] The Click store needs to accept Click package uploads using
>> both the "ubuntu-sdk-13.10" and "ubuntu-sdk-14.04-dev" frameworks. It
>> also needs to accept queries (coming from the Click scope) containing
>> one of both framework versions. Work will need to be coordinated with
>> the Click scope developers on the format for passing more than one
>> framework version.
>>
>> 3) [alecu] The Click scope will need to include both "ubuntu-sdk-13.10"
>> and "ubuntu-sdk-14.04-dev" in the query it sends to the Click store.
>> The current scope, which is in the process of being re-written, uses a
>> hard-coded value for this, and I propose that we just change that
>> hard-coded value for now and add proper multi-framework support and
>> detection into the new scope only.
>
> Sounds good to me.
>
>> 4) [cjwatson] New device images need to have a file named
>> ubuntu-sdk-14.04-dev.framework placed in /usr/share/click/frameworks/ to
>> let the Click tools know that it is a supported framework version.

The branch for the new scope, that gets the installed frameworks from
/usr/share/click/frameworks, and that sends them to the click index is
ready to land; just waiting on the server fix being deployed, which
jayteeuk tells me will happen on monday.

We are tracking the progress of the server and client branches here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-scope-click/+bug/1267190

cheers,
--
alecu