Re: Staging of click apps

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 7:11 PM, Martin Albisetti
<martin.albisetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Alexander raised an interesting requirement on IRC, that I'd like to
> discuss a bit to figure out how to best implement it.
> Creating an image today is tied to being able to upload core apps to
> the store first, which creates a bit of a chicken-and-egg story for
> continuous integration. Lets fix this.
>
> Currently you can upload apps and not publish them directly. I think
> that's essentially "staging" them, what I believe we lack today is the
> ability to do some CI with unpublished apps.
>
> I can see others also wanting to be able to stage and test their apps,
> before they become public.
>
> So, what I understand we need to provide, as a minimum feature is:
> - A way to programatically upload and download apps, before they are
> published (or maybe even reviewed?)
> - A way to limit access to who can access these files for download
> - A way to programatically publish them once it passes all tests
>
> A few questions as well:
> - Can we use the same credentials as the user that uploads them?
> - Do we need to also provide all the data in click index, or just the
> ability to download a file you know the name beforehand?
> - Anything else?

Could this be similar to features in blogsites where user can put
stuff into draft state (queue for publishing) and have that accessible
through users/team credentials?

Could we support support having teams/roles with ACLs etc. in the store?

 - Alexander