Re: Minimizing icon and screenshot transfer size

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Martin Albisetti
<martin.albisetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Alejandro J. Cura
> <alejandro.cura@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> What does the webservices team think of this option?
>
> We can do that, math's hard but not that hard!  :)

:-)

Well, not that; I'm talking about the dash building the urls for images.
Like, the webservice returning something like:

"icon_url": "https://myapps.developer.ubuntu.com/site_media/appmedia/2013/10/ubuntu-authenticator-{WIDTH}.png";

and the dash replacing the {WIDTH} there. Is that possible/desirable
from your side?
The concern with this mangling depending on each scope still stands.

cheers,
--
alecu