Re: Publishing content in the store

Hello,

On 10.06.2014 16:29, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
On 14-06-10 09:08 AM, Martin Albisetti wrote:
On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 9:39 AM, Daniel Holbach
<daniel.holbach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

so for the "old store" we have some machinery (using pkgme) to automatically
package submitted content like PDFs for Ubuntu.

Do we plan to do something similar for the "new store"?

Not at all!
I think if we do that, we've failed with click as a format, right?
The idea is that it's easy that packaging wasn't really something to
pay attention to. I also don't think we'll benefit from people
throwing millions of random PDFs at the store to see what sticks, so
we're better off letting people think a bit about what they want to
ship, learn a little bit about the tools and submit it.

Just my 2c, but I completely agree with Martin here. Perhaps we need an ebook
store for this sort of thing?

WFM, I just wanted to bring it up for discussion, so we can clarify this and point users to it in the future.

Thanks.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--