Re: Making frameworks definitions available through a webservice

Hey,

thanks a lot for attacking this; I realize it must be painful when servers
or developer systems are on a stable/LTS release and you try to target the
latest frameworks or review packages created against these.

The original plan was to use click chroots to decouple this, and enable
some PPA so that the chroot would be $series + click frameworks PPA for the
series.

The update to pull the list of allowed frameworks from the store is an
improvement over hardcoding it in click-reviewer-tools, so it's great to
have this now, but this approach generally prevents us from e.g. checking
whether binaries are tied to the right libraries / use the right symbols or
whether QML sources use the right modules for this or that framework. The
perfect shouldn't be the enemy of the good though :-)

Thanks,
--
Loïc