Making frameworks definitions available through a webservice

Hello everybody,

as some discussions have pointed out previously, we currently have problems updating frameworks definitions, as (AFAIK) ubuntu-touch-meta, click, apparmor-easyprof-ubuntu and click-reviewers-tools have to be updated and be backported. Only this way can we allow reviewers and developers to sit on the latest LTS and write bleeding-edge code.

After some discussions with Martin Albisetti and Michael Vogt, we thought it'd be a good idea to provide these framework definitions through a webservice (ie. myapps) and cache them locally. To implement this in click-reviewers-tools we came up with

https://code.launchpad.net/~beuno/click-reviewers-tools/deprecate-14-10-dev1/+merge/224887

Please have a look and see if this is acceptable and would work as a solution for other parts of our stack as well.

That it currently gets the information from a ~ubuntu-core-dev/+junk branch is obviously subject to change, and a hack to get us off the ground.

Please review and discuss here, so we can solve the problem once and for all. :-)

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! http://packaging.ubuntu.com