Re: Where should the authoritative list of frameworks live?

A different approach would be to do something like the distro-info-data
package, centralizing the data about frameworks (past and present) in a
single place.

The main advantage would be the usual ones with packages:
- uses our archive as a VCS
- same upload/landing process as other packages
- acl is the usual upload permission
- allows landing the rebuilds of the various packages depending on the
framework at the same time as the new framework
- keeps archive/frameworks separate from any network dependency

Cons:
- have to go through our non-trivial landing process
- have to get the data for the store from the archive or bzr

I think the two approaches allow for the same end goal, just in different
styles; one is more "web development" style with a dump in the archive, the
other is more Debian style with an archive extract into our web side. I
dont have a strong preference.

Cheers,