Re: Where should the authoritative list of frameworks live?

Hello,

On 14.08.2014 16:59, Loïc Minier wrote:
A different approach would be to do something like the distro-info-data
package, centralizing the data about frameworks (past and present) in a
single place.

The main advantage would be the usual ones with packages:
- uses our archive as a VCS
- same upload/landing process as other packages
- acl is the usual upload permission
- allows landing the rebuilds of the various packages depending on the
framework at the same time as the new framework
- keeps archive/frameworks separate from any network dependency

Cons:
- have to go through our non-trivial landing process
- have to get the data for the store from the archive or bzr

I think the two approaches allow for the same end goal, just in
different styles; one is more "web development" style with a dump in the
archive, the other is more Debian style with an archive extract into our
web side. I dont have a strong preference.

In our discussion in the hangout yesterday (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDrm1OL-oVY) we took the following notes:

 - Could either be store or a package as the canonical
   authoritative source
 - Should decide based on requirements
 - Notes from last framework update by slangasek
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Click/Frameworks/UpdateProcess
 - Jamie says: it might be good to also store the apparmor json and
   the upcoming platform-api json in the same place (ie, the
   equivalent of the frameworks file for apparmor and platform-api),
   cause the apparmor one is currently temporary as well.
   interestingly, it points at the click-reviewers-tools branch.
 → Discuss on mailing list

As you can see from the last point, we need to make a decision on this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Have a great day,
 Daniel