Re: Automating collection of verbose PulseAudio daemon logs

Daniel Chen wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 1:16 PM, David Henningsson
> <launchpad.web@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> * As a first simple step, we could consider dumping "pactl list" and/or
>> "pactl stat" and add as apport data.
> Right, so those should be added to the hook in the pulseaudio package
> (because they already are in apport-symptom's audio.py).

They are analyzed (for matching PA IDs against ALSA IDs and for checking
default sink/source), but they are not added as apport data.

The next question is whether we need it? I can't recall saying to myself
"Now I really wish I had the pactl list output". But if Daniel or
someone else feels the need for it, I could make the addition (in
pulse's hook) and submit a merge proposal to Martin Pitt.

// David