Re: Debian has jack2 packaging.

Luke Yelavich wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 09:58:04AM EST, Luke Yelavich wrote:
>> Hi guys
>> You will be pleased to know that jack2 packaging is being worked on in Debian. Even if it is not in unstable by Maverick, we can use it to get jack2 into Ubuntu. I am pulling the git repo now to see how it has been packaged, and what binary/source namespace it uses, to get a better idea of what we will need to do.

>From the discussions in debian-multimedia recently, I believe they're
leaning towards having jack2 in Squeeze.

> I dare say this changes things to the point where we shouldn't need a blueprint, depending on how much more work we want to do re rtkit and pulseaudio.

AFAIK Pulseaudio is the only user of rtkit so far, but I definitely
think jack/jack2 should use it as well to get at least some rtprio even
if the user hasn't configured limits.conf. I believe it should be fairly
easy to implement if one just sits down to do it.

// David