Re: Helping with the Ubuntu Audio Development Team

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 1:45 AM, Yazen Ghannam <yghannam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My name is Yazen Ghannam. I am currently a junior in Computer
> Engineering at the University of Central Florida. I've been using Ubuntu
> for about two years and I'd like to help in a technical way. Currently,
> I am going over the PulseAudio and ALSA documentations, so I'm still not
> too familiar with them yet. Nonetheless, I'm willing to learn; so if
> there is anyway I can help the team or if you have any advice for me,
> please let me know. Thank you very much for your time.

Thanks for your interest, Yazen. There are many places where you could
help effectively. The most glaring instances are in documentation;
Brad Figg has been calling for assistance in that area (wiki/Audio,
which, as you can see, is quite sparsely populated). Unfortunately the
audio stack is fairly convoluted, so it takes some time to work
through the bottom (much less the upper) layers.

Now that I think on it, perhaps we (including the team) could work
toward more interactive deliverables, aka screencasts or videos to go
on Youtube. We'd need accompanying text, of course, for visually
impaired folk.

So, let's approach this as a Q&A where you bring two questions to the
table, and we answer them and illustrate them on modern laptops
running Ubuntu. We'll also need to discuss scope. Thoughts?

Best,
-Dan

Follow ups