Re: 0.9.22 of PulseAudio

Hi all,

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 6:13 AM, Colin Guthrie <gmane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What I could cheekily do is bundle up a tarball that we can all call
> 0.9.22rc1 then you can use that for Maverick. Presumably you can then
> "update" it to the "official" 0.9.22 without any political problems of
> version bumps etc? That said, I'm not sure of the rules you have so even
> that may not be permitted.

I'm in favor of something as Colin described with the caveat that
0.9.22~rc1 or some variant will work "better" due to many packaging
tools' lexicographical sorting.  I'll also note that Gentoo appears to
have been doing something similar for a while with unofficial
versioning: http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/media-sound/pulseaudio/

In terms of process, Ubuntu 10.10/Maverick still needs to merge a few
outstanding patches from stable-queue, but I don't anticipate that
being a blocker after the release of 10.10 Beta.

-Dan