RFC: Separate testing PPAs for audio packages.

Hi all
Since I am looking at packaging the latest git master snapshot of pulseaudio, I am thinking about creating new separate PPAs for such testing. This would allow us to use the ain PPA for packages we want users to try out to fix possible bugs/backport non-SRUable fixes from newer releases etc. I was thinking of something along the lines of the following:

maverick-testing
natty-testing

I can also consider creating a PPA for lucid as well. Longer term, I think we should set up daily builds of various packages into the above PPAs, so if users wish to do so, they can test the latest code of particular packages.

Anternatively, we can create one PPA called testing, and make sure we have version numbers specifically targeted for maverick/natty etc, however I think the above PPA layout makes things safer, both for us uploading packages, and users.

Thoughts?

Luke

Follow ups