Re: Ubuntu-audio-dev meeting at 4th January, 11.00 UTC

On 2011-01-03 09:10, David Henningsson wrote:
Hey, after Christmas/New year's break, it's time to get started again
with some audio work!

Ok, the meeting was cancelled since I was the only one showing up. (Some of us will meet at the platform sprint next week.)

I wanted to brief you a little about that I'm currently working on rewriting PulseAudio's input mixer profiles, so the typical HDA laptop/desktop will actually work, and will fit with the volume control names in 2.6.38. I e, when you move the input meter in gnome-volume-control, it will combine e g "Front Mic Boost" and "Capture" to give the user the correct input volume. I'm not sure that this is completely regression free (for very non-standard volume control names), and I'm also not sure whether it will be too invasive to go into upstream's stable-queue. That said, the benefits greatly outweighs the risks IMO.

Also there is my fighting-rewinds work which is under testing. So far I've heard four or five happy users (in the lp bug report), and one regression report (the latter from upstream), which hasn't come back with more details. There are three fixes in PA and two in GStreamer. (Btw, Daniel T Chen was talking about SRUing one of the GStreamer fixes into 10.10.)

So, is anybody against putting these two projects into Natty, preferably by getting upstream inclusion, but until that is done, carrying the fixes as a delta?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic