PulseAudio - stable-queue or master for Oneiric?

As I want to start developing the jack detection and get all of that in place well in time for Oneiric, I guess it is time to decide or revisit this question.

I feel a little caught between upstream; who mostly develops new features in master and could use some help with testing etc, and our first duty, which is towards our users - and we definitely don't want an unstable PulseAudio.

A few months ago I was hoping for master to stabilise sooner than later, but from what I can tell, it currently seems they are no closer to releasing 1.0 than they were a few months ago. :-( E g, just a few weeks ago a new (mandatory!) dependency was added, so features are still in development. (And btw, that means one more library, json-c, to support, maintain and ensure stability in.)

Also, we really don't know how stable the two versions are (and even less, know how stable they both will be in September-October!), and I'm not sure how we can make a reasonably qualified guess.

But just to have a plan, what do you think of the following:
* If PulseAudio releases 1.0 (from the master branch) before end of July, we'll consider it, and re-evaluate the situation. Later than end of July, it'd be too late to switch, as Alpha 3 and FeatureFreeze are in the beginning of August [1]. * Stick with stable-queue and for now, assume we're stuck with it for Oneiric.

What do you think? Opinions? Comments?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic