Re: PulseAudio - stable-queue or master for Oneiric?

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 07:44:16PM EST, David Henningsson wrote:
> Also, we really don't know how stable the two versions are (and even
> less, know how stable they both will be in September-October!), and
> I'm not sure how we can make a reasonably qualified guess.
>
> But just to have a plan, what do you think of the following:
>  * If PulseAudio releases 1.0 (from the master branch) before end of
> July, we'll consider it, and re-evaluate the situation. Later than
> end of July, it'd be too late to switch, as Alpha 3 and
> FeatureFreeze are in the beginning of August [1].

I'll give a guarded +1 to this, but I think we get a PPA for users to test with first. Any sign of trouble, we abandone the idea. It will also take time to get the new json depednecy promoted to main as well, and we are likely to have to support that package being in main.

Luke