Re: PulseAudio setting problem - request betafreeze exception or release note it?

On Aug 25, 2011 6:25 AM, "David Henningsson" <
david.henningsson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Kate and Ubuntu audio developers,
>
> As reported in bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/833645 , users who
have already upgraded to Oneiric might have problems with PulseAudio
remembering volumes and other settings between upgrades.

> Upstream has made patches for us to try, that should solve this problem.
Question is whether we should upgrade PulseAudio after beta 1, or request a
beta freeze exception, what do you think? Note that the upcoming upgrade
might again destroy stored volume and setting data (due to a design flaw in
the existing format). That new version will, however, provide smooth
transition for 11.04 upgraders.

My instinct is to avoid further churn in the archive for this source package
before Beta. Do we know for certain that said patches resolve the issues?

Cheers,
-Dan

> For an average user, this might require a look through of the tabs in
gnome-volume-control to see that the right input and output devices and
connectors are selected, and that the set volume is reasonable. So it's not
such a big deal, but it might be worth to write something in release notes
if it isn't fixed before beta.