Jack detection with HDMI support

Hi,

I've managed to complete the jack detection stuff in PulseAudio today, which completes the jack detection effort for this cycle. So from tomorrow on I hope to be able to spend the rest of this cycle fixing bugs, somewhat a little too late to be optimal though. The last piece was HDMI support.

With the help of Leann (applied distro kernel patch for HDMI input device matching, and then released a new kernel) and Luke (updated Pulseaudio to 0.99.3) I think we're all set. Thanks to both of you!

This I hope will eradicate the class of bugs that's been hunting (at least) me for the past cycle - the ones with four HDMI codecs and we don't know which one is the right.

Note however, that the UI changes did not make it in for Oneiric. This means that four HDMI devices might still show up in gnome-volume-control and pavucontrol. What's suppose to happen is that when the HDMI output is activated (for NVidia, this is when you click apply in nvidia-settings), the HDMI output automatically switches to the one that's the right one.

The PulseAudio patches in lp:~ubuntu-audio-dev/pulseaudio/ubuntu.oneiric - upload at will. Once it's out, I'm probably going to write to a few more people/teams to inform and maybe to get wider testing.

Btw, another note about this new set of patches is that I've removed module-switch-on-connect and replaced it with a new module-switch-on-port-available, that just changes ports and profiles without messing with the default sink and/or source. There are some non-trivial problems with module-switch-on-connect, but that's something to talk about another day.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic