Daily DKMS builds of HDA modules - work in progress

I'm working on transferring my work of daily DKMS builds to be hosted under ubuntu-audio-dev. As a part of this, I have set up a small cloud server (a service available to Canonical employees). This server filters the Takashi's kernel tree to contain the "sound" directory only, because Launchpad does not handle kernel trees very well (bzr gets "out of memory" errors).

The filtered code tree is then imported into
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audio-dev/alsa-driver/tiwai-trunk
and merged with
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audio-dev/alsa-driver/dkms-packaging
in this recipe
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audio-dev/+recipe/alsa-driver-daily
and the result is then pushed into
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audio-dev/+archive/alsa-daily

I'm working on making this work on Oneiric as well, but there are some changes to dkms I need to work around first.

== Cloud server installation documentation ==

Should the cloud server instance disappear (for some unknown reason) and you need to set up a new server doing this, install the two attached files to /home/ubuntu and run filter-sound-startup.sh, and install a cron job for filter-sound-branch.sh:

# m h  dom mon dow   command
4 10,16,22 * * * /home/ubuntu/filter-linux-sound/filter-sound-branch.sh

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic