Automated test suite for HDA codecs, now up and running for daily builds

As some of you know, I've been working on extending hda-emu to become an automated test suite.

A little status report follows:

* Daniel Manrique provided me with alsa-info from ~110 machines that Canonical have certified. These alsa-infos are now upstreamed (except for a few which were marked confidential or never reached the market), and distributed with hda-emu [1].

* The test suite (which also is a part of hda-emu) loops over all these codecs, and sends a few commands to hda-emu for each one of them. E g, it tries setting volume controls and verifies that the value read back is the same it tried to set. It also looks for errors from hda-emu after each command sent.

* I already run daily imports of Takashi's sound tarballs to provide automatic DKMS-based builds. What's new is that this import script [3] now also runs the test suite on that code. It uses the summary of this test run as commit message, which is then imported into Launchpad [2], and sent out by email (to anyone subscribed to that branch).

I've just set this up, so maybe there will be some bumps before the import script runs correctly, but hopefully everything will run smoothly soon, and that we'll catch some regressions before they affect anyone. :-)

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic

[1] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/hda-emu.git;a=commit;h=fb3b3a7654452bdba188166ef9815baa15042e6f