Remove /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/01PulseAudio

Hi,

I'm proposing that we remove /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/01PulseAudio from Quantal for the following reasons:

1) It seems to sometimes cause USB and Bluetooth devices being muted after an S3 cycle. See bug 665314 for the USB stuff, and for Bluetooth I have reports from our OEM enablement team.

2) I believe it was added to prevent pops and clicks in the HDA drivers, something that has been gradually improving over the years...?

3) Possibly related to 1) : It seems inherently racy - there is no timing guarantees of when a device will show up after an S3 cycle, so we don't know if 01PulseAudio will run before or after the device has started to show up again.

 4) It is not recommended/blessed by upstream.

Opinions? Is it useful for something else I'm not seeing?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic

Follow ups