Re: Can we push PA 6.0rc3 to vivid?

Hey,

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 11:38 AM, Sebastien Bacher
<sebastien.bacher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey Ricardo,
>
> Do you have any news on that front? Now would be a good time to update
> pulseaudio, still we still have other transitions to look at after this
> one (bluez, systemd, ...) and ff is thursday...

Sorry it took a bit longer than expected, too many critical fixes for RTM.

Was finally able to review the work done by Luke and can safely give a
+1 for Vivid (with Bluez4). The forward porting of the droid module
was correct, and in overall it was only missing one small change that
Luke pushed already to the packaging branch.

Tested with mako/vivid and krillin/rtm, both looking fine (with normal
audio, voice calls, bluetooth, HSP/HFP, all fine).

Next step would be validating Bluez5, but for that we still need to
unblock the kernel side, which ricmm is currently working on (would
probably require a FFe though). Pulse 6 + Bluez 5 has an interesting
side effect that to support both HSP and HFP you need an additional
patch (http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2015-February/023102.html),
so this would need some proper testing on Touch to avoid regressions
in that area.

Feel free to push to vivid today still (wednesday).

Thanks,
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo