ubuntu-boot team mailing list archive

Issue when using ecryptfs (was Re: -10 kernel)

Okay, so what I'm seeing is *not* -10 kernel related, but *ecryptfs* related.
During the boot, the system cannot mount my /home/Private directory, and thus
bails to a root prompt on vt1. Then strangely continues to boot, spawning a tty
session on vt1...creating this weird environment.  This explains why I only see
this on one of my 4 machines, b/c it is the only one with ecryptfs setup.  Can
we fix this?