ubuntu-boot team mailing list archive

Re: Issue when using ecryptfs (was Re: -10 kernel)

On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 00:16 -0500, Robbie Williamson wrote:

> Okay, so what I'm seeing is *not* -10 kernel related, but *ecryptfs* related.
> During the boot, the system cannot mount my /home/Private directory, and thus
> bails to a root prompt on vt1. Then strangely continues to boot, spawning a tty
> session on vt1...creating this weird environment.  This explains why I only see
> this on one of my 4 machines, b/c it is the only one with ecryptfs setup.  Can
> we fix this?

Odd that it tries to mount your /home/.../Private at all.

The shell issue is known, it's actually deliberate in that we probably
won't fail on everything by release, but it's better to fail now while
debugging.

Could you modify the /etc/init/mountall.conf file, comment out "expect
daemon", and change the exec line to call mountall with --debug instead
of --daemon and output to a file under /dev

  exec mountall --debug $force_fsck... >/dev/mountall.log 2>&1

should be fine

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant