Re: [sense.pc@xxxxxxxxx: Application for Ubuntu Bug Control]

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:19:48PM -0700, Brian Murray wrote:
> We have another applicant for the Bug Control team to review.
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Sense Hofstede <sense.pc@xxxxxxxxx> -----
>
> Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 17:35:00 +0100
> From: Sense Hofstede <sense.pc@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: brian@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Application for Ubuntu Bug Control

> Here my application, it surely has taken a long time. ;) I've been
> proposed member for months, I just plain forgot it.
>
> 1. I agree and have signed the code of conduct.
> 2. I've read them and have one question about the assignment. When
> should you assign? Someone told me to only assign if people ask for it.
> But does that just count for people, or also teams? Do you have to
> assign every bug to the package maintainer after it's Confirmed/Triaged?

I'll respond to this part.

> 3. Passwords, email addresses, bank account numers, Keys and all things
> you think that look private and aren't needed to solve the bug.
> 4. I'd like to help with freedesktop and GNOME packages.

I was thinking today that it might be interesting if we setup a parallel
to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperResponsibilities where we listed
triager areas of expertise.  Ideally what triagers know should be
documented in the wiki but this would help in cases where it isn't.
Additionally, with this people could show what they know.

> 5. Bugs I've been working (partially) on with the priority I would give
> them:
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/192508
> Low

I'm happy that they forwarded this bug, but opening an affects for X
would have been best at a minimum.  Ideally doing some X triage would
have been great.

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm/+bug/154447
> Wishlist

I'm not sure I agree with set this bug to wishlist and it seems like
more could have been done.  For example, adding a package version and
some more research into it.

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/hal/+bug/194719
> Medium

The activity log in this bug report shows what they have done here and
it looks good to me.

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/shared-mime-info/+bug/99736
> Low

This also looks good to me and they are subscribed to the upstream bug
report which is great.

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/hal/+bug/129869
> Low

This is fairly easy to check in the source package of hal.  However, the
work he has done looks good.

I would approve his application to the team.

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com