Re: [sense.pc@xxxxxxxxx: Application for Ubuntu Bug Control]

Hello,

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 13:13 -0700, Brian Murray wrote:

> I was thinking today that it might be interesting if we setup a parallel
> to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperResponsibilities where we listed
> triager areas of expertise.  Ideally what triagers know should be
> documented in the wiki but this would help in cases where it isn't.
> Additionally, with this people could show what they know.

mm yeah that'd be helpful someway especially for new triagers.

> > 5. Bugs I've been working (partially) on with the priority I would give
> > them:
> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/192508
> > Low
>
> I'm happy that they forwarded this bug, but opening an affects for X
> would have been best at a minimum.  Ideally doing some X triage would
> have been great.

Yes, some X triage it's needed there. What i missed on the upstream
report is the link to the launchpad bug in his first comment and also
the summary is a little confusing since he's mixing versions of the
software, but in general is ok.

> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm/+bug/154447
> > Wishlist
>
> I'm not sure I agree with set this bug to wishlist and it seems like
> more could have been done.  For example, adding a package version and
> some more research into it.
>
> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/hal/+bug/194719
> > Medium
>
> The activity log in this bug report shows what they have done here and
> it looks good to me.

Good for me too.

> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/shared-mime-info/+bug/99736
> > Low
>
> This also looks good to me and they are subscribed to the upstream bug
> report which is great.

Yes the good thing is he's posting feedback on the upstream report too,
pretty fine too.

> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/hal/+bug/129869
> > Low
>
> This is fairly easy to check in the source package of hal.  However, the
> work he has done looks good.
>
> I would approve his application to the team.

+1 for me on his application

Have a nice day,

pedro.